You surely enjoy randomly going through your posts and those of your friends, while making jokes and funny charades? Have you ever ranted about your co-workers and the current job on your LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram accounts? You must have thought that the posts would remain among you and your “friends”. Nothing wrong in doing so, but you might need to think twice. The overwhelming presence of social media in our life has made it an open database for the employers to understand the persona of their targeted employees.
Job market is way too crowded as it was even 5 years ago, that`s why it`s vital to obtain a good job, which will bring both pleasure and money into your life, and to get one you are to represent yourself digitally, - in the form of resume. This document shows everything you`re capable of as an expert, so why should you limit yourself and go for tedious MS Office Word one paper length outline? Broaden your horizon and study creative resume examples below to know all the possible variants of styling a resume. Who knows, maybe these ones will inspire you to come up with your unique resume design? We hope so.
Discover the most creative resume ideas
Did you know that your outline can be minimalistic but stylish? Modern and colorful? Unique and simple? It`s your obligation to be aware of everything that can promote you as an expert. Remember that you`ll never have the second chance to make the first impression, so make a decent one!
Here`s your creative resume design inspiration
1) Simple but detailed outline, perfectly structured. It`ll show your management skills.
2) Newspaper style looks just great! It gives profound details about the applicant and it`s never dull to look at it.
3) A resume that bends. Wow!
4) This template is all about visualization and pictures.
5) Infographic resume is the latest trend, as it`s readable and engaging.
6) Bubbles can be more than a form of entertainment for children. They can serve as your self-presentation. Accompanied by a smiley photo (read here: not boring pic with such a serious face as if you`re passing the most difficult exam in the world) such resume will not be missed.
7) Life as a diagram.
8) Black and white outline shows your determination and creativity. It`s minimalistic but catchy.
9) Who said that fruits are inappropriate? If you use them cleverly, your resume will never be skipped.
10) Typographic resume can`t be forgotten.
11) All data included and well-organized content will make you a desirable candidate for the position.
12) Resume book will make one stand out from the crowd.
13) An outline of your skills can even be a piece of art at some exhibition. This pop-up folder includes all data about an applicant.
14) It`s all about colors. Purple palette is a remarkable tool to make an exceptional outline.
15) You can even make your resume in the form of icons and signs.
16) Anatomy can be fun too.
17) Use your imagination and shape the resume differently to introduce yourself to the recruiter.
18) Feminine looking outline for a beautiful lady.
19) Shine bright like a diamond with the unusual colors but be careful with it and don`t overuse this palette.
20) Colorful header and shaded sidebar look amazing. It`s a great plus that you can see all the info clearly.
Tips on how to make a creative resume
Now that you`ve seen various options of outline`s design, structure and from, you can start making your own extraordinary resume. If you have no time to deal with such issues, you can use creative resume makers for help.
On the other hand, if the question «how to write a creative resume that stands out on my own?» is your issue, here is the secret recipe just for you:
- Think about the concept of your innovative resume. Try to understand what your outline has to represent, which values it possesses. Visualize your resume.
- The best option with the size is 1 page but if you fail to fit your relevant skills into a singular sheet of paper, you are to use columns to maximize the space.
- Divide your outline into sections; fill in your experience in a chronological order, using highlighters.
- Utilize one font in the whole outline text and apply the other one for titles of sections.
- Make use of infographics, signs, pictures, graphic icons (come on, even Microsoft Word has them). Here is the place to show all your creativity. Try transforming every segment of your resume into infographic. You can convert your previous working experiences into a timeline. Take a hand at shaping tools (like graphs and charts) to represent your knowledge of languages and software.
- Utilize colors smartly and avoid strikingly bright palette. Apply minimal and neutral colors to give your resume a pro look.
- Do not forget about your profile photo. It has to be of high quality, show your enthusiasm and positive attitude to life.
P.S. Keep in mind that for administrative positions the last two hints should not be applied. In this case, go for minimalistic colors, which will not become the cause of your CEO headache. It`s also better to use small pics and charts, plain graphs and fonts.
That`s when the time has come to make a creative resume to get the job of your dreams and become an odd applicant, who is able to bring some magic and a piece of originality in everything.
Each person who encounters job search has a question, which arises in their mind - “When to start applying for jobs?” This article highlights what every employee should take into account to succeed in the daunting process of job search.
In the nerve wrecking and time consuming process of searching for a new place of work one always makes use of two vital things, that is, a resume and an interview. You can never omit these stages of job search, which serve as guarantee of an actual possibility to get a job offer. However, we could not help but wonder, how important is a resume and what are the advantages of interviews? Let`s take a closer look at this issue.
All companies should enroll employees who have an ability to lead, innovate and be passionate to create something new paying no attention to the position they previously hold. Employees who have the enthusiasm to be competent rise through promotions and shine with confidence. If you want your skills to be recognized and appreciated, rise early, tackle work challenges that no other employee would be able to beat you. Make your skills and achievements speak for you instead of your job title!
To avoid confusing application closing dates, missing interviews, or losing crucial contact details, read these fifteen useful pieces of advice on how to organize your job search.
Dreams about working at Facebook are not a surprise and the majority of young people want to get hired. Working here is challenging but so fascinating. In addition, company offers career advancement, positive culture, working environment and the best Silicon Valley perks such as free food, housing, transportation, bedroom and bathroom at workplace. In addition, you can be your own boss. At Facebook, employees have minimal supervision and your hours are flexible. But in return for such a freedom, you will be expected to do a great job.
Most of us dream to build an outstanding career and make the Forbes List. However, each year only 400 Americans really do that. The question we ask – what makes them so successful? What special skills do they have that help them to build a prominent career? Researching the qualities of those who already achieved career success, you might not become the second Henry Ford, but at least you will be able to develop a strong set of skills for resume that boost your career to the next level. So now, let’s make a plan of skills to develop in order to become rich and famous!
Probably writing a resume is not the best thing you used to do. It takes a lot of forces and strengths to make a really good one that catches the recruiter’s attention and emphasizes all your skills. However, the mission is possible if you’re familiar with the different types of resumes. Resume format may differ due to your working background, proficiency, type of work and skills. Make resume formatting isn’t that hard and we prepared a list of 3 types of resumes, so you may take the one that would present your strongest sides to the hiring manager.
Grammar mistakes can be a serious issue for hiring managers and recruiters. Those candidates who have grammar or spelling mistakes on their resumes can be thrown to a “No” pile right away. To avoid disappointing recruiters with dumb mistakes we want you to check out the most common resume errors you should never make.
When looking for a new job and having a job interview you will get questions regarding why did you leave your last job. These questions are inevitable and you will be asked about reasons for leaving your employment. But what if you got fired and the situation turned ugly? These tips with lots of examples should help you to handle this conversation and figure out the best way to answer why you left a job.