Cross culture difference can create a positive or negative impression of you as a candidate. In order to increase your chances to get hired and overcome all cultural challenges read the article below. You will find out the most common cultural interview questions and answers as well as tips that will help you to succeed with a multiphased interview process.
You got invited for an interview. Congratulations! You have the great opportunity to showcase all your professional skills and sell your expertise to recruiters. You probably have prepared the answers for all most common interview questions. However, have you thought about your questions to ask in a job interview?
Candidates usually overlook this aspect of a job interview and that’s one more factor they don’t get hired. At the end of each interview, a recruiter will ask you “Do you have any questions for me?” In case you have no questions on your mind, you can be sure you will never hear from that company again.
Therefore, we have prepared the list of 50+ great questions to ask in an interview to increase your chances to get a job. The questions will be divided into smaller groups so you can easily choose the most interesting interview questions to ask.
The best interview questions to ask your potential employer
Before you dig deeper, these job interview questions will help you make sure you got the complete understanding of all position-related details. There are the best interview questions to ask in the first place:
- What will be the next step in the recruitment process?
- How long does the hiring process at your company usually take?
- What are the main responsibilities of the role?
- What would my daily routine look like in case I get hired?
- What else can you tell me about the job except the info mentioned in the description?
- What you expect me to achieve during the first month/year on the position?
- What can be the key to succeed in this job?
- How can you describe the busiest time possible on this role?
- Would it be required to travel for the job?
- Are overtimes allowed in your company?
- Will I have a mentor during the first month of working with you?
- Could you tell me more about my potential manager?
- How does the onboarding process for new team members look like?
- What will be my #1 priority on this position?
- Will the main responsibilities on this job change in the nearest future?
If you are already clear with these details, we can move on to another section with more general questions.
Questions to ask during an interview to show interest in the company
You have shown an interest in the job you applied for, and now your next task on the job interview is to demonstrate to recruiters and hiring managers that you are a great team player who wants to be a part of their company. Here are good questions to ask interviewer that can show your interest in the company:
- Could you tell me more about your company culture?
- What is my future team like?
- What is the average period an employee keeps this job?
- In what way this job fits the rest of the company?
- Are there any prospects for potential career growth?
- What does the interaction between management and the team look like?
- What kind of reinforcement is used to instruct people?
- Will be a person on this position expected to follow a certain career path?
- How can you describe the general management style at the company?
- What do your current employees love most about working at the company?
- How can people with a background similar to mine adjust to working here?
- Are there any facts about the company that aren’t known to everyone?
- What leadership style you promote in your company?
- What is the average time spent on creating and launching new projects?
- How does the team take a certain idea regarding the project from inception to completion?
By asking these during the job interview, you will show a recruiter not just that you think of how you can get all the work done but also of how you can contribute to the overall company success. These are really good questions to ask in an interview to impress the HR team and make them want to choose you among others.
Questions to ask a potential employer about career growth opportunities
It’s also highly recommended to ask recruiters not just about company culture and position details, but to find out what career and professional growth opportunities you can expect from the company. Show your interest in this company by asking how you can grow within the organization:
- Are your employees rewarded for good job performance?
- Will this role and responsibilities expand in the future?
- What are the opportunities for professional development?
- How many employees have joined the organization company recently?
- Is the company experiencing some growth?
- Where do you see the company in 5 years?
- What are the main goals in the company for the future?
- Are you transparent with team members regarding operations and revenue plans?
Questions to ask an interviewer about future job challenges
In this case, answers on some of the questions will help you understand what challenges you should expect from this job and whether the job is a perfect fit for you. Here are questions regarding job challenges, competition and company’s struggles:
- Could you tell me why the last person quit this job?
- What were the mistakes a person on this role made?
- What are the competitors or products that your company is most worried about?
- What’s the number of people who have left the company during the last year?
- What’s the biggest challenge a company has faced recently?
- What’s the main focus of your company right now?
- What struggles with a day-to-day routine a person on this role would face?
Questions to ask the interviewer about the team
Here are the main questions you should ask to learn more about the team you will work with:
- Does a team’s culture differ from general company culture?
- How is the team structured?
- How often does a team meet as a group to discuss the project?
- Is the work in this team independent or collaborative?
- What are the main types of team event that you do?
- Do you have some joint events with other teams and departments within the company?
- Does a team gather together outside the office?
- How many people are there in a team I will work with?
- Do you expect to expand the team in the nearest future?
- Could you share the biggest success story of one of the team members?
- Are there some skills missing in the team that you want to fill with a new employee?
Some questions to ask the interviewer you’re communicating with
Here are the most impressive questions you can ask your interviewer to get their opinion and experience of working in the company:
- How long do you work in this company and why have you decided to work here?
- What do you love most about working in the company?
- Have your responsibilities changed during this time?
- What was the biggest challenge you have overcome while working here?
- What helped you to succeed in this role?
- What excites you to start working each day?
Questions to ask after an interview
You should ask these questions after the interview to understand the overall interviewing process and what you should expect from it:
- When should I expect to hear back from you after the interview?
- How can I follow up?
- When do you expect to make the offer to a perfect candidate?
- What is the date you want a new hire to tackle the duties?
- How many people are you interviewing for this job?
- Who will give the final feedback regarding the candidates?
- What will be the next stage in the interviewing process?
- Who can I contact if I get the positive feedback?
If you are wondering how many questions to ask employers during the interview, then the answer is at least three questions. It will bring clarity to you and will help you stand out among other candidates with your curiosity and level of preparation.
In case you don’t know what questions to choose, well, you should pick the questions that genuinely interest you as a potential employee. Your main goal is to get the information that will help you understand the company better and make the right final decision that you will never regret.
And of course, there can be bad questions to ask the interviewer which can cost you the job. So before you create the final list of questions you want to ask, make sure that the answers cannot be found on the internet or their webpage. For example, asking about core company values is a bad idea as it’s the crucial info that can be definitely found on the company’s home page.
It’s also recommended to avoid questions regarding the dress code, benefits company offer and vacation. Recruiters want to find a person who will become a team member and will solve their problems. So focusing on these details is not the best idea.
We gave you insight regarding the great questions to ask the interviewer. Prepare well before the interview and rehearse all answers and questions. Have good luck with your next interview!
Landing a job is not that easy, as it may seem on the very first sight, especially in today’s challenging world. Many applicants encounter difficulties in finding a job after months of searching. You should develop your own job hunt strategy to raise the chances of getting a job. The main task of the recruiters is to evaluate candidates. You should make emphasis on all your strong skills to make them pay attention to your candidacy and invite you to the interview. And this is where a good looking resume will be in handy.
Salary negotiation is a serious topic to discuss with your potential boss. It is especially challenging and daunting for a fresh graduate who has just entered the workforce and has never done this before. College grads seem to be very anxious and shy about it. In this article, we will show you statistics that will make you less stressed about it and will give priceless salary negotiations tips that will lead to success and satisfaction on both sides.
Resume objective and resume summary are integral parts of a great application. However, don’t think that both of them mean the same thing. There is a difference between these two notions and in this article, we will help you figure out which one is the best for you and how to write impressive resume objectives and resume summaries.
Jumping straight into clichés, the world is full of possibilities, even filled with them. On second thought there are just too many of them, no wonder not a lot of people know what to do with their lives. And to add insult to injury you have all these people working on their careers, improving themselves all the while you are left behind without any clue what to do.
It takes 6 seconds for a recruiter to determine the future of an applicant, that`s why you need to be sure that your resume is easy-to-read, thus wise it has a perfect font. Even though you may think that it`s trivial and insignificant matter, top recruiters and career adepts say that a poor font can turn the focus off your achievements.
While creating resume you should know that a Video CV is one of the best career strategies and the latest resume trend for the upcoming year. Creative video resume is the nice opportunity for you to demonstrate not just your good knowledge of modern technologies, but to showcase your verbal communication skills and say something important to recruiters that will convince them to invite you for an interview. We will discuss cases when you should or shouldn’t create a video resume, and we’ll give you great tips on how to create a perfect one and increase your chances to get selected and start your way to a successful career.
Dreams about working at Facebook are not a surprise and the majority of young people want to get hired. Working here is challenging but so fascinating. In addition, company offers career advancement, positive culture, working environment and the best Silicon Valley perks such as free food, housing, transportation, bedroom and bathroom at workplace. In addition, you can be your own boss. At Facebook, employees have minimal supervision and your hours are flexible. But in return for such a freedom, you will be expected to do a great job.
Volunteering has seen quite a jump in popularity in recent years. It seems like the people of today are becoming more and more aware of their own local problems and far-reaching worldwide problems and uses volunteering not only to explain their employment gaps. Volunteering is the commitment of one’s time and energy, for the better good of society and the community, the environment. You could say that you are giving back the community for all it has done for you. However, there are many benefits of volunteering that can be very valuable to you.
In the nerve wrecking and time consuming process of searching for a new place of work one always makes use of two vital things, that is, a resume and an interview. You can never omit these stages of job search, which serve as guarantee of an actual possibility to get a job offer. However, we could not help but wonder, how important is a resume and what are the advantages of interviews? Let`s take a closer look at this issue.