In this article, we discuss twenty tips for staying on top of your corporate trips. By implementing them, you will manage your trips way better and be ready for any unexpected occurrences during your business travels.
If you are wondering do you need a cover letter while looking for a job, the answer is YES. It is true that some recruiters don’t pay attention to this part of a job application, but you cannot neglect the impact of an effective cover letter on your job search outcome. Keep reading what makes a good cover letter and afterward, you will certainly get a job interview invitation.
Basic cover letter tips
1. Do research
Before tackling cover letter writing, take your time and do some research. Learn more about the company’s culture in order to understand and fit into it. After this, you can decide whether you should be more formal or creative.
2. Cover letter length
You have to write a cover letter, not a novel. Keep it short, 3 paragraphs will be more than enough. Remember, less is always more!
3. Don’t repeat your resume
Add some new and relevant information that will showcase your outstanding personal qualities and professionalism. Don’t rehash what has already been mentioned in a resume writing.
4. Be careful with humor
The desire to be creative and think out-of-the-box is natural, but don’t force it. A little bit of humor won’t hurt, however, make sure it will sound appropriate, otherwise, it will just hurt your job application.
Best cover letter writing tips
A strong resume cover letter can make a huge difference and enhance your application. It is your chance to create a nice first impression and tell your compelling professional story, highlight your best experience and achievements you are proud of. You will also show off your written communication skills. Writing a good one can be daunting for job seekers, so, check out these tips in order to create an outstanding cover letter that will make you more appealing and employable candidate on the spot.
- Your header should include the following information: your address, company’s address, the date.
- Address your cover letter to a specific person. It is highly advisable to find the name of your recruiter. Just in case you can’t find it or you are not sure if it’s correct, you can use “Dear Hiring Manager”.
- A good cover letter introduction doesn’t have to exceed 3 sentences. Mention a job title and state why you are applying for this vacancy. Don’t go deep into details. There is no need to explain where you have heard about this job opening. Briefly explain why you are the best fit for a position.
- In the body of a cover letter cover mention all your best skills and qualification. You have to persuade a hiring manager that you are a perfect candidate and your experience perfectly matches all set requirements. Tell what you can do for a company, what are your main future career goals and how you want to achieve them.
- Provide some concrete examples of your professionalism and qualification. Demonstrate what was your essential duties and how you have coped with professional issues and include your biggest achievements. Your job is to encourage the reader to proceed to your resume.
- Think of a strong closing. Emphasize again on your enthusiasm and particular interest in a position. Ask for a meeting and tell when you are available to discuss all the details. It’s obligatory to include your phone number. Thank a hiring manager for his time and consideration. Don’t forget about a formal sign-off - “All the best” or “Sincerely” and your full name typed.
- Customize your letter to each job opening. Include only relevant to the desired position skills and experience and don’t forget to change the company’s name.
- Proofread your cover letter a few times. It has to be grammar or spelling error free! Otherwise, it will kill your chances for success.
Great cover letter examples
Here are some of the best cover letter ideas that will serve you as an inspiring example for your own one and you will get noticed by recruiters.
1. This is the best example of a well-written creative cover letter. The essential thing is to find the balance between creativity and your understanding of what your future job is about.
2. This entry-level cover letter example will match students and people with no working experience.
3. A simple cover letter can also draw hiring manager’s attention. It is laconic and to-the-point.
4. This professional cover letter is perfect for experts in their industry. This one is the best cover letters tailored specifically for a marketing position.
By implementing these tips on how to write cover letters that stand out, you will certainly succeed in your job search. Take your time to write a perfect cover letter and don’t forget to proofread it multiple times. Give it to your close friend or family member in order to get honest feedback. Most importantly, don’t be afraid of being yourself and you will land a dream job.
A regular interview with a company’s hiring manager or a recruiter can be tough. Having an interview with the CEO of a company is a whole different matter. Even the average CEO carries a level of professionalism that makes any applicant interacting or giving a presentation to them have jitters. The truth is, CEOs are not like regular recruiters and interviewing with them will need special preparation.
Grammar mistakes can be a serious issue for hiring managers and recruiters. Those candidates who have grammar or spelling mistakes on their resumes can be thrown to a “No” pile right away. To avoid disappointing recruiters with dumb mistakes we want you to check out the most common resume errors you should never make.
A cover letter is a great tool that can enhance your resume. Don’t think that cover letters are old-fashioned. It is so not true! More than a half of recruiters will appreciate a well-written applicant’s cover letter. But writing a good one can be challenging for job seekers. So let’s discover how to write a great cover letter that will set you apart from other candidates.
Hiring ads should not be boring if the company needs people with extraordinary thinking and abilities. You may know the traditional approach to picking the candidates. However, by looking at the offered 20 hiring ads, you may change the way you view the recruitment process completely, and it may play you in hand.
There is nothing weird that your hands start shivering and sweating when it comes to writing your first resume, especially if you think that you have no relevant experience or existing skills. Wondering how to make your resume with no work experience the winner among others? Take a step and keep scrolling. We’ll walk through this uphill road together step by step. No promises that it will be fast and easy, but in the end you’ll get a great resume with no job experience for sure.
It is amazing how some kids show extraordinary brilliant talent in certain disciplines such as sports, academics, science, research among others. For that reason, you must never underestimate the abilities of kids as some of them can even do your work even better. Let’s see some of the ten genius child prodigies that are worth your attention.
Not so long ago you used to come to work like you’re ready to conquer the world but now everything has changed. Not so long ago you used to come to work like you’re ready to conquer the world but now everything has changed. Your colleagues act like you’re invisible and your demanding boss is always busy if you dare to ask him for a meeting. You start asking yourself what you have done wrong. Is it your recent pitch that wasn’t too sharp or your self-deprecating jokes at the last corporate party were considered to be inappropriate?
Transferrable skills are a strong tool to enhance a career-changing resume. If you decided to shift your professional industry or switch a progression from military to civilian life, this is what you definitely need to add to your resume. Nevertheless, like every other tool, you should use it wisely.
In this article, we will tell you what the transferable skills are, why they are important and how to adjust them to your professional profile.
Are you a starving college student who begins to save pocket money a month before the party? Do you invite your girlfriend for a walk in the park because it is the only place for a date you can afford? Is your stomach constantly spasms because of junked food? Good news for you! There are plenty of well-paying jobs for students available on the job market and we are sure you will find the one that will bring you pleasure, experience… and, of course, money.