Salary negotiation is a serious topic to discuss with your potential boss. It is especially challenging and daunting for a fresh graduate who has just entered the workforce and has never done this before. College grads seem to be very anxious and shy about it. In this article, we will show you statistics that will make you less stressed about it and will give priceless salary negotiations tips that will lead to success and satisfaction on both sides.
If you are wondering do you need a cover letter while looking for a job, the answer is YES. It is true that some recruiters don’t pay attention to this part of a job application, but you cannot neglect the impact of an effective cover letter on your job search outcome. Keep reading what makes a good cover letter and afterward, you will certainly get a job interview invitation.
Basic cover letter tips
1. Do research
Before tackling cover letter writing, take your time and do some research. Learn more about the company’s culture in order to understand and fit into it. After this, you can decide whether you should be more formal or creative.
2. Cover letter length
You have to write a cover letter, not a novel. Keep it short, 3 paragraphs will be more than enough. Remember, less is always more!
3. Don’t repeat your resume
Add some new and relevant information that will showcase your outstanding personal qualities and professionalism. Don’t rehash what has already been mentioned in a resume writing.
4. Be careful with humor
The desire to be creative and think out-of-the-box is natural, but don’t force it. A little bit of humor won’t hurt, however, make sure it will sound appropriate, otherwise, it will just hurt your job application.
Best cover letter writing tips
A strong resume cover letter can make a huge difference and enhance your application. It is your chance to create a nice first impression and tell your compelling professional story, highlight your best experience and achievements you are proud of. You will also show off your written communication skills. Writing a good one can be daunting for job seekers, so, check out these tips in order to create an outstanding cover letter that will make you more appealing and employable candidate on the spot.
- Your header should include the following information: your address, company’s address, the date.
- Address your cover letter to a specific person. It is highly advisable to find the name of your recruiter. Just in case you can’t find it or you are not sure if it’s correct, you can use “Dear Hiring Manager”.
- A good cover letter introduction doesn’t have to exceed 3 sentences. Mention a job title and state why you are applying for this vacancy. Don’t go deep into details. There is no need to explain where you have heard about this job opening. Briefly explain why you are the best fit for a position.
- In the body of a cover letter cover mention all your best skills and qualification. You have to persuade a hiring manager that you are a perfect candidate and your experience perfectly matches all set requirements. Tell what you can do for a company, what are your main future career goals and how you want to achieve them.
- Provide some concrete examples of your professionalism and qualification. Demonstrate what was your essential duties and how you have coped with professional issues and include your biggest achievements. Your job is to encourage the reader to proceed to your resume.
- Think of a strong closing. Emphasize again on your enthusiasm and particular interest in a position. Ask for a meeting and tell when you are available to discuss all the details. It’s obligatory to include your phone number. Thank a hiring manager for his time and consideration. Don’t forget about a formal sign-off - “All the best” or “Sincerely” and your full name typed.
- Customize your letter to each job opening. Include only relevant to the desired position skills and experience and don’t forget to change the company’s name.
- Proofread your cover letter a few times. It has to be grammar or spelling error free! Otherwise, it will kill your chances for success.
Great cover letter examples
Here are some of the best cover letter ideas that will serve you as an inspiring example for your own one and you will get noticed by recruiters.
1. This is the best example of a well-written creative cover letter. The essential thing is to find the balance between creativity and your understanding of what your future job is about.
2. This entry-level cover letter example will match students and people with no working experience.
3. A simple cover letter can also draw hiring manager’s attention. It is laconic and to-the-point.
4. This professional cover letter is perfect for experts in their industry. This one is the best cover letters tailored specifically for a marketing position.
By implementing these tips on how to write cover letters that stand out, you will certainly succeed in your job search. Take your time to write a perfect cover letter and don’t forget to proofread it multiple times. Give it to your close friend or family member in order to get honest feedback. Most importantly, don’t be afraid of being yourself and you will land a dream job.
Everyone can get failure experience without any exception. It’s completely OK when we fail as we all are humans beings and can make mistakes, it’s natural. However, there are some unsuccessful people that fail constantly. They keep making the same mistakes over and over again. If you want to know why do we fail and how to avoid these common failures then keep reading the article in order to escape unsuccessfulness.
Now, from video job interviews to candidate facial recognition, there is more to expect from the evolution of Artificial Intelligence in recruitment. However, regardless of any developments, here is what you can do improve your employment search strategies in the AI age.
You can monitor job search websites 24/7, but suddenly your friend gets the position you have never heard about at the company of your dream. Intuition? Corruption? Universal conspiracy? Maybe he knows some secret loopholes? Let’s find out!
Making decisions is never easy. Especially when they may influence future life and career. That is why job seekers often struggle choosing from several vacancies. On the one hand, applying to multiple jobs is a normal process. However, the situation stops feeling comfortable when the candidate is applying to two different jobs at the same company. Let’s have a look at some strategies and see if any of them works.
You’re not the only one struggling with showing off your career progression within the same company. We've prepared great tips and examples that will help you on how to put a promotion on a resume, how to list multiple positions at one company and how to impress recruiters with your career progress.
42% of employers state that there is talent shortage and it’s hard to find the perfect candidate they really need. We have analyzed job search trends and we’re going to show you what are job trends today to make the job search easier for you. Check it out 7 main job market trends to be well prepared and know what to expect in the nearest future from employers and companies.
To obtain a dream job in a real world you can implement Game of Thrones success stories and career moves to end up on top of the career ladder. Check out the top 9 lessons you can learn from Game of Thrones strategy game.
The job hunt is never easy. But what if your resume employment history is far from perfect? Some of us can take some time off from work for different reasons. Some people take this time to raise a child, finish their education, travel abroad. Some people got laid off or even fired from a previous job and it took a few months to find a new one. What is the perfect way for explaining gaps in employment? We will show you how to create a consistent resume that will demonstrate that you are a reliable professional who is a perfect fit for a job.
Let’s take up as our example the race to become the King/Queen of Westeros and rule all of the Seven Kingdoms. To fill a royal role in Westeros you have to possess certain skills and competencies, just like any job in our world. If we were to transfer one of the most progressive and strong characters in our world, their resume would look like Daenerys Targaryen's.