If you are or know a person with disabilities, then you’re definitely aware of how hard it is to find a job. This article addresses the issues surrounding job hunting for disabled people.
If you are wondering do you need a cover letter while looking for a job, the answer is YES. It is true that some recruiters don’t pay attention to this part of a job application, but you cannot neglect the impact of an effective cover letter on your job search outcome. Keep reading what makes a good cover letter and afterward, you will certainly get a job interview invitation.
Basic cover letter tips
1. Do research
Before tackling cover letter writing, take your time and do some research. Learn more about the company’s culture in order to understand and fit into it. After this, you can decide whether you should be more formal or creative.
2. Cover letter length
You have to write a cover letter, not a novel. Keep it short, 3 paragraphs will be more than enough. Remember, less is always more!
3. Don’t repeat your resume
Add some new and relevant information that will showcase your outstanding personal qualities and professionalism. Don’t rehash what has already been mentioned in a resume writing.
4. Be careful with humor
The desire to be creative and think out-of-the-box is natural, but don’t force it. A little bit of humor won’t hurt, however, make sure it will sound appropriate, otherwise, it will just hurt your job application.
Best cover letter writing tips
A strong resume cover letter can make a huge difference and enhance your application. It is your chance to create a nice first impression and tell your compelling professional story, highlight your best experience and achievements you are proud of. You will also show off your written communication skills. Writing a good one can be daunting for job seekers, so, check out these tips in order to create an outstanding cover letter that will make you more appealing and employable candidate on the spot.
- Your header should include the following information: your address, company’s address, the date.
- Address your cover letter to a specific person. It is highly advisable to find the name of your recruiter. Just in case you can’t find it or you are not sure if it’s correct, you can use “Dear Hiring Manager”.
- A good cover letter introduction doesn’t have to exceed 3 sentences. Mention a job title and state why you are applying for this vacancy. Don’t go deep into details. There is no need to explain where you have heard about this job opening. Briefly explain why you are the best fit for a position.
- In the body of a cover letter cover mention all your best skills and qualification. You have to persuade a hiring manager that you are a perfect candidate and your experience perfectly matches all set requirements. Tell what you can do for a company, what are your main future career goals and how you want to achieve them.
- Provide some concrete examples of your professionalism and qualification. Demonstrate what was your essential duties and how you have coped with professional issues and include your biggest achievements. Your job is to encourage the reader to proceed to your resume.
- Think of a strong closing. Emphasize again on your enthusiasm and particular interest in a position. Ask for a meeting and tell when you are available to discuss all the details. It’s obligatory to include your phone number. Thank a hiring manager for his time and consideration. Don’t forget about a formal sign-off - “All the best” or “Sincerely” and your full name typed.
- Customize your letter to each job opening. Include only relevant to the desired position skills and experience and don’t forget to change the company’s name.
- Proofread your cover letter a few times. It has to be grammar or spelling error free! Otherwise, it will kill your chances for success.
Great cover letter examples
Here are some of the best cover letter ideas that will serve you as an inspiring example for your own one and you will get noticed by recruiters.
1. This is the best example of a well-written creative cover letter. The essential thing is to find the balance between creativity and your understanding of what your future job is about.
2. This entry-level cover letter example will match students and people with no working experience.
3. A simple cover letter can also draw hiring manager’s attention. It is laconic and to-the-point.
4. This professional cover letter is perfect for experts in their industry. This one is the best cover letters tailored specifically for a marketing position.
By implementing these tips on how to write cover letters that stand out, you will certainly succeed in your job search. Take your time to write a perfect cover letter and don’t forget to proofread it multiple times. Give it to your close friend or family member in order to get honest feedback. Most importantly, don’t be afraid of being yourself and you will land a dream job.
What to do after college? Many graduates ask this question. As The Bureau of Labor Statistics mentions, roughly 84% of jobs can be divided into 3 main categories: absence of any diploma, high school diploma, and bachelor’s degree. High school-designated professions constitute the largest percentage of jobs in the United States. Does it mean that you barely have a chance to succeed in finding a job after college without a diploma? How about a winning resume with no work experience – is it possible or not? In this article, you’ll figure out what you should be ready to face after the graduation to get a prospective job in a prospering organization. These 5 tips may help to land a job today!
Tesla, oh, Tesla. The Tesla Company is the talk of the town nowadays. This Silicon Valley gem, this marketing disaster/miracle seems to be on everyone’s mind lately. It has been plaguing and terrorizing all of the media outlets for the past 5-6 years. Every day there’s some new article on Tesla, a critique on Tesla’s company policies, an exposé on Elon Musk, an opinion piece on how Tesla is the future of all companies, and the list goes on.
Sloth is inborn, so don`t be shy to look through the jobs for lazy people. You don`t need a degree to be employed. Work remotely, test the products or build a bizarre career.
If you’re looking to make a smooth career change, then these tips will benefit you. Find out how to change careers successfully, including some smart strategies for looking for a new job in the new field you have chosen.
Professionally written and formatted resume increases your chances to get hired. This concerns to every part of the document, especially to the resume header, as it is the first thing the recruiter sees when opening the document. The professional header should be well-thought, contain all the important information, look good and attract attention in a positive way. It is quite easy to create a proper heading. Just consider the following points.
Salary negotiation is a serious topic to discuss with your potential boss. It is especially challenging and daunting for a fresh graduate who has just entered the workforce and has never done this before. College grads seem to be very anxious and shy about it. In this article, we will show you statistics that will make you less stressed about it and will give priceless salary negotiations tips that will lead to success and satisfaction on both sides.
Apart from supplementing your income, seasonal jobs present a host of other benefits. A break from your environment and routine activities, a chance to take up a job that complements your lifestyle, forming useful networks, and a high possibility of turning a temporary gig into a career are other advantages of seasonal employment. Find out about 10 best holiday jobs you can apply for, either on a part-time or full-time basis.
Let’s take up as our example the race to become the King/Queen of Westeros and rule all of the Seven Kingdoms. To fill a royal role in Westeros you have to possess certain skills and competencies, just like any job in our world. If we were to transfer one of the most progressive and strong characters in our world, their resume would look like Daenerys Targaryen's.
Amazon is the largest online trading platform, which sells and purchases tens of thousands of various products every day. The main site of the company is Amazon.com, operates in the US, the company also has divisions in France, England, Germany, Canada, China, and Japan. Initially created to sell only books, Amazon has grown into a giant trading platform with a huge variety of goods from fishing rods to guitars and designer handbags. Actually, according to the Amazon Annual report 2017, the company ships more than 5 billion items! Thus, it’s no wonder the vast majority of people are literally obsessed with an idea of getting a job at Amazon. So how the company works from the inside?